I need help with Endless space. I just feel so bad compared to the AI... I feel like there's something major I'm missed. Is anyone good with the Sower ?
Thanks to the nerf you can't ignore food entirely but I still feel the best opening for Sowers is:
- Industry Exploit on homeworld
- Tech straight for N-way fusion plants & Core Mining
- Keep your tax rate high so homeworld and first colony are 'content' until you have 20 dust then drop taxes to the point where empire is Fervent
- Spend the 20 dust on an Administrator hero and get him to level 3 selecting +3 Labor and then +25 Industry skills.
- ONLY COLONIZE PLANETS WITH -5 HAPPINESS OR MORE(after +happy modifiers like Psychoactive Air) UNTIL YOU GET SUPERMARKETS, tundra and jungle are your friend
- If you run out of planets to colonize and your 'fervent' tax rate is still above 20 colonize some -10s until that point
- ALWAYS MANAGE YOUR TAX RATE EVERYTIME YOU BUILD A HAPPINESS IMPROVEMENT OR COLONIZE A PLANET
Final tip, regardless of what race you are playing managing your happiness & tax rate is the key to EVERYTHING.
Also don't be afraid to join us in multiplayer even as a newbie, hop in mumble and chatter, you will pickup lots of little details and be reminded to buy new heroes several turns late