This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Nightsong
Pages: 1st Prev 1 ... 88 89 90  92 93 94 ... 206 Next Last
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble about a possible fourth BWE but that has already been shot down by Mike O'Brien (head of ArenaNet):
To this end, I’m excited to announce that our next and final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20-22.
Now... it's possible they may do a Stress Test between BWE#3 and Launch but ONLY if ArenaNet feels it is absolutely necessary.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
Cool. Well I'm interested in giving it a try. You get 30 days of gameplay with it right?
Maybe I'll see you guys on there tonight. ^_^
Yes... you get free 30 day game time, same as any other MMO with a subscription.
Anyways... in regards to this state of the game letter, I honestly can't wait to see what Funcom has in store for the game.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Yay for the Chinese. The video was re-uploaded by a Chinese video site similar to YouTube here in North America.http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI1NzQyOTQ4.html
Oh and just to give you a hint of what the Sylvari male can look like...
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »
Hmm is it in stores now? I'm heading there at lunch maybe I'll get it. and give it a go
Yes... the game has been out since July 3. If you do pick it up come find us on Mumble or send me a tell in game (character name is Siri) and we can get you an invite.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »
Welcome to the inaugural The Secret World State of the Game update!
(Right, so that's a mouthful. In the future, I think I'll shorten it to TSWSotG, because that's a LOT easier to remember.)
We've had an exciting first week, and we're thrilled to see that everything has gone incredibly smooth so far. There have been some bugs and issues, of course, and we're fixing those as quickly as we can, but things are really stable and our players -- you guys! -- are very, very happy with the game. And that makes us very happy, too!
Now that players are progressing further and further into the game, uncovering all those things we've managed to keep secret for years and years, we're starting to see a lot of questions about what's next. What does the future hold for The Secret World, for our players and subscribers?
Well, I'm finally allowed to reveal a FEW of the things we're working on, and I'm really excited to be talking about what's ahead for The Secret World.
We're going to be releasing fresh and tasty new content to our subscribers on a regular, monthly basis. The first update is due on Tuesday, July 31st, and we will be releasing more details about that particular update later this week -- including a couple of fun surprises. (You're going to love it.)
So what will these updates contain? I'm glad you asked! I won't spoil too much, but here's an overview of some of the things we have in the pipelines:
* Mission packs on a monthly basis! The first few packs will contain new investigations for every adventure zone in the game -- but we also have more action and sabotage missions planned for the near future. These missions will feature fully voiced cut-scenes and new media pop-ups, and will match the quality of the missions currently in the game
* New weapons! We will be announcing our first auxiliary weapon soon (one clue: bigger, slower, more explosions) and new auxiliary weapons will be released on a regular basis. Combat in The Secret World will continue to evolve, and it will pay to expand your character in multiple directions!
* Raids! We're well into production on our first raid, and there will be more information about that in August! But as a teaser: The Big Apple will never be the same
* We've already announced our plans for expanding and improving character customisation: The Modern Prometheus and Ockham's Razor are opening in New York and London respectively in August, Execution later this year in Seoul. Pangaea in London will receive new stock, and we will add more accessories and clothing as rewards for both achievements and missions
* Chronicle has entered public beta, and we'll keep enhancing and growing that service according to player needs and wishes! Our intent is for Chronicle to become a living, breathing community in itself, and a place where players will go to measure and compare themselves against others, to check out the profiles of their co-players and rivals, and -- in the long run -- to become a living chronicle (zing!) of their player characters
* We have a player-versus-player dungeon in the early stages of planning -- in a brand new geographical area. More on this later this year!
* And speaking of dungeons, we're also working on a dungeon finder tool, allowing players to more easily put together a team to handle the instanced content
* Seasonal events won't go unnoticed in the secret world, and both Halloween and the Winter Solstice are important milestones for those who dabble (and dive deep into) the occult. Expect plenty of content to tie into both events -- including new missions, new characters, new monsters and some twists and turns that will keep players on their toes
* We're in production on two large, new and incredibly exciting adventure zones -- both of which will be announced in August. New geographical regions, new characters, new missions, new drops, new challenges, new monsters, new lore that will carry the story past its first act and into its thrilling and shocking second act!
* Improved cabal functionality is on the drawing board and will be seeing improvements later this year
* And we're not forgetting about our social players! We have some cool functionality tied to the Albion in London coming up very soon, allowing role-players and would-be thespians to spread their wings
* Pets will be updated and upgraded as we go along! More pets, better pets, and some cool surprises in store for pet owners!
* And last but certainly not least: Combat will receive constant polish and tweaks to make things look and feel better. Keep an eye out for more revisions to our effects and animations this autumn -- and the inclusion of auxiliary weapons will make combat even more exciting!
This isn't all. In fact, it's just the beginning, so stay tuned! The Secret World will keep growing, and there will always be a reason to go back to your favourite places, to dig deeper into the mysteries of Solomon Island, Egypt, Transylvania, New York, London and Seoul...and beyond.
So stick around, folks -- there's tons more to come, both this week and in the very near future. Thanks for reading, and have fun playing the game!
Senior Producer & Creative Director,
The Secret World
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
dangit I've been really wanting to see this...is there another one? =(((
I'll check Ambrosia.
I can tell you this, this video might ruin all other races character creation for you...
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
Bona Dea, let me know if you need any help in getting the event organized or advertised to the entire guild. I can help with that stuff, just not going to get too involved since you and Ambrosia have it covered.
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »
it says "This video is private" (
Yup... the video has been taken down now.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:52:51 AM »
Not going to lie but ArenaNet really outdid themselves with the redesign of the Sylvari. They somehow managed to nail not only the bio-luminescent glow but the familiar yet otherworldly look.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »
I absolutely LOVE the dress the female Sylvari is wearing as a Mesmer.
Dammit ArenaNet, you are really making this hard for me to pick which race I want as my main.
P.S. - Yes, the mushroom head is absolutely priceless, so glad to see they included that in the game.
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »
Wow... the Sylvari have quite a few choices in character creation:
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
NEW VID WITH DEV COMMENTARY
Now Playing: Guild Wars 2 - Asura Race
Why would you link this...
Trying to resist GW2 withdrawal and this video is not helping.
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »
Updated Martini's original post with two screenshots and the official information from the ArenaNet blog.
Well... this should make quite a few people happy (myself included). We finally get the chance to play as a mad scientist (Asura) or a walking salad that is apparently immune to fire (Sylvari).
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
People who had access to the closed beta were able to update that client to the open beta (BWE) client. Makes sense we can go straight from the open beta client (BWE) to the live version.
Think about it... we have roughly 16GB out of the total 25GB of the game (that last number comes from the system requirements on the official GW2 homepage). ArenaNet just has to patch in the missing stuff and we are good to go.
« on: July 05, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »
Pie showed me this. I really do want it.
Pages: 1st Prev 1 ... 88 89 90  92 93 94 ... 206 Next Last