Trion announced today that they will open up progression servers called “Rift Prime”. These servers will see players start fresh and will feature both a subscription revenue model and progression advancement through the game’s expansions and content. There will be no lockboxes, a “significantly reduced store” and more current store items available through game play.
- Prime servers will progress through content at a more rapid pace than that of the original launch
- "dynamically matching characters to their current zone's level"
- "dungeons dropping loot specific to your character's true level"
- profession caps available to a single character
- participation awards that are unlocked across your account, even to characters on other servershttp://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2018/01/18/2018-rift-on/