Man, wish I'd realized this sooner, I'd have been making noise the past week about it.https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/177-immediate-testing-access-is-now-25-funding-round-ends-nov-21
You can get into all the alpha and beta phases of The Repopulation for $25, but that sale ends tomorrow. Quick FAQ below.
• We strive to keep servers available 24/7. This means you can test any time of the day or week. However, we do have a planned server cluster upgrade starting November 24th, so read on further for more details.
• We have patches that happen every other Wednesday. This requires an outage, just like any other MMO.
• You will have access a few minutes after confirming your pledge.
• It is an Alpha, there can be technical issues and other problems that can cause an outage. This is a very rare occurrence though so far.
• Yes there will be a wipe or two before we release.
• Further Beta testing is included, so you will have access to ALL testing rounds.
• Hardcore Ruleset is slated to start testing in late Beta, so it is currently not an option. Open world PvP is an option in the contested areas on the Normal server and flagged/arena PvP options are available as well. PvE is plentiful in the faction zones and PvP is only available if flagged or in the arena in the faction regions.
• NDA is currently in effect, we plan on lifting it soon.
• There is no Region locking. Servers currently are in North America, there might be more later in other geographical locations during testing and at release.
• Minimum specs are a Dual-Core CPU, 3+GB of Memory, dedicated Video card with 1GB+ VRAM, 64bit Windows OS, 5GB of disk space. These are not the final minimum specs as they could change in either direction before release.
Yes, NDA is still live... but I will risk everything
to simply say this. It's very, very good. You can always buy in for more money at a different time, but this is by far the cheapest access has ever been. Very early backers could get in for $50, but that phase was pretty recent. To get into the current alpha it's typically $100 bucks.
This is actually a pretty good and pretty accurate breakdown of the game. Worth your 10 minutes.