This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Thranx
So, kickstarter's over, victory is ours... theirs... someone's... it's unclear. I'm pretty sure the victory belongs to the people who just got the 1.8 million dollars. Our victory comes later is we actually enjoy the game. Regardless of what ArtCraft wants you to think, their communications will be less frequent and the hype will die down.
Don't try to hang on to the hype. Don't start theory crafting ("Centaur clearly would have a charge attack, and it would have to be more powerful than the Stalker/Elkman"). Don't stare at your backer level for hours on end, wondering if you should upgrade. Don't read every single post on the official forums or defend its naysayers in every thread on reddit.
Pick 2 community forums... hang out, read stuff. Ingest the information that does come out, celebrate it, but don't let it become your gaming God.
Recruit, but don't spam it. The most effective and highest quality recruits will come from interactions you have on those 2 community sites. We always collect good people from our recruitment mega threads, but finding people in the unofficial community forums is key. Those tend to be the kind of people looking for a community more than just an info dump site... which we are. Find people unguilded, tell them about TG, welcome them to our site.
Plan to avoid beta burn out. I'm in for Alpha 2... I'll be totally excited for whatever weekend play session I get in first and I'll probably roll full steam ahead into the game and spend 10 hours straight leveling a Stalker... but... I have to step back, take a breather and try something else. Take the Thranx Super Beta Challenge! There's no levels, so, harder to explain... but if level 10 is where each class gets its class defining skill, play it to level 13. Play every class to level 13. Don't expose yourself to the upper tier of mojo in beta. Let that be a joy to discover and experience the first time with your permanenet character. Other people will suss out all the data, all the mega info threads will be available to you. Enjoy most of your time in Crowfall in Launch, not in Alpha or Beta. We'll have the info prepped, edited and condensed right here on the forums... don't spoil your experiance gathering it all yourself before you're even playing the real game.
We're all recruitment officers. All of us. TG's growth in Crowfall has already begun. Find people looking for a place to call their gaming home, not just a group to hang with during crowfall. We're looking for Guardians not Crowfall players... but, we will most certainly find both. Keep and eye out, and ear to the ground... invite and welcome those people who share our values and interests. Present TG as an exclusive community that values integrity and honor that typically enjoys Open PvP, some role play and fun above all else. People who are drawn to those key words are what we want.
Lets all find a game to play together in the meantime. Something simple, free, fun. Something we can have an event a month to just get together and have a good time with. Start gelling this micro community we're creating for the game with some fun competition and engagement.
TG's doing Crowfall. We have the numbers, we have the drive... lets get our micro community off on the right foot and begin building it with dedicated people that will make great additions to TG. Lets be productive in this interim time and just enjoy each other's company while growing our ranks further.
Like... that's just a fantastic bundle for $2. Magicka, Stalker, Tropico 4, Mount and Blade, System Shock 2 ... if you're missing even one of those games, this bundle's a no-brainer.
I'm transfering domain registrars, so there's a slim chance that during the transfer the DNS for thranx.com gets borked and you may be unable to connect by name. If you just HAVE to connect and thranx.com shows "unreachable" the IP is 18.104.22.168... note that in connecting that way your client will think it's a different server and your waypoints will not show up. You can switch back to connecting via thranx.com when the DNS resolves properly again.
Again, slim chance, DNS should be maintained during the transfer... but... *shrug* stranger things have happened when doing this. Should be a non-issue tho.
Couple days old now, but there was some new info that I hadn't heard.
Long over due post on this matter, and I mentioned it in another thread... but here are the participation awards for Day 2 of the city build. We made some awesome progress and finished the actual work that needed doing... we did so well that the joke about making the sewer pretty... actually became a thing... complete with fancy entrances. I didn't have a real list of participants for Day 3, so... we're just doing special awards for that day... there really wasn't a ton done anyhooz. (not alot needed doing)
Day 2 - Build All-Stars Award - 32 Redstone
- Airic Knyght/TheKnyght
Day 2 - Thanks for Poppin' By - 12 Redstone
Day 2 - Special Awards
- Polished Turds - Airic and Dak - Muddy Chestplate (Armor)
- Chisel Champtions - Keyn and Intermission - Chisel and a Stack of Marble
Day 3 - Special Awards
- Sewer Surfers - Keyn and Jag - Muddy Chestplate (Armor)
- Barrel Master - Booms - A Barrel
Thanks again for everyone's work on the setup. It's been super awesome.
Tomorrow is it! 2/16 3PM PST, 6PM EST! It's going to be great times, but I want to set expectations appropriately for launch day. So, here's what to expect/do/look forward to.
- Update your client to 1.0.2
- Each plot will have a sign with your name on it (feel free to remove it). It will make it super clear where you can start to setup. If you took part in a build day, your goodies will also be there waiting for you on your plot. Don't farm or chop trees down on the vacant lots, we'll leave those pristine for folks who come later.
- Each plot will have been re-populated with foliage, incluing 5 trees. In some cased, the tree will be one that's somewhat rare for our region, so, consider trading with neighbors for unique saplings (which means unique and interesting woods) that may be hard to otherwise travel to and find it the world.
- There will be lag. It'g gonna happen... period. I'll have an eye on things server side, and I have local tools that allow me to track block lag, and entity lag... so if things are getting out of hand I should be able to track them down right away
- No dynmap for now. It's awesome, yes... but, it's also a lag maker, so we'll start off without it and re-introduce it when things stabilize and we have an idea of what our server load is going to look like.
- Overworld will be pruned. Right now the world is around 17k wide and 20k tall... I did RADIUS of 10k, not diameter. Silly me. I'm going to bring it down to around 3k from the town in every direction. This will give pleanty of exploration space... but keep in mind we will also have 3 additional pre-made worlds to explore who's target will also be 3k radius of pre-gen.
- 2 of 3 Mining worlds are available now. 1 & 2 work great. 3 is available but broken... also... it's dangerous as hell... like, you walk in there, there will be Fallen Knights promptly consuming you
- Mobs... are... harder. Be cautious when venturing out at night... and even during the day. If you see a cluster of humanoids chanting at a obsidian plinth... RUN. You'll find out why soon enough, but exploration in this build has considerably more risk than in vanilla or past builds. It's awesome and fearsome at the same time.
- Gravestones are a mod you may not be familiar with, but compensates for the danger of the world nicely. When you die, you belongings no longer scatter across the area... they are placed in a block that is a headstone with your name on it. Break it with a pickaxe and THEN all your stuff pops out of it. It allows you the luxury of returning to the site of a battle with friends, or waiting until morning. No more rush to the corpse before you stuff all despawns.
I know this is going to be a blast. Be patient the first couple of days as I sort through the technical issues that always crop up.
Ok, please respond in order, I'll update the list periodically. Once you've seen the person before you post, go ahead an post yours, no need to wait for me to update the master list.
Spoiler "Pick Order":
Plot - Name
Super thanks to everyone who showed up last night. It was a ton of fun, we figured ish out and got a ton of stuff built out. If I missed you for some reason, please do let me know. Pretty sure I got every body.
Day 1 Build Super Stars - Diamond Storage Chest
Day 1 Thanks for Showin' Up - Gold Storage Chest
Day 1 Special Awards
Best CCPH Award : DakSevkla/InzaneFlea - Wrench
Horse Hater : Kyuzo/KyuzoTG - Golden Apple
Get Back Here Award : Billz/bszarka - Anvil