From the Official Feedback Thread. Sounds like some nice improvements and fixes.https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/338809
Edited: 12:22AM by WLeverett_CIG
We've released 2.5.0 to our Evocati and PTU 1st Wave players tonight! Below is a portion of our 2.5.0 Patch Notes, and we'd love to get your feedback on the build.
- Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid the Yela asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and may attempt to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial mining asteroid station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous.
- GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. We’re open for business to everyone this goram economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings without the prying eyes of Big Crusader peeking under every door.
--- Our bar, bounty office and race track are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through.
GrimHEX can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field.
- The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is currently suffering a shortage of energy weapons due to several recent attacks on cargo transports. While they apologize for the inconvenience, only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being.
- Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.
- Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from.
- KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.
New Landing System
- The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented into the game with a view to providing a simpler, more intuitive landing experience. This system will grow over the coming releases to ultimately incorporate things like docking and the ability to request/obtain landing authorization via the new Comms System.
- Players are now able to enter Landing Mode by simply lowering their landing gear by tapping the “N” key.
- Landing Mode reduces the speed of the ship down to Precision Mode speed and changes the AR display from regular AR to landing AR, which flags landing pads as either Valid (blue), Invalid or Recommended (orange).
- By default, valid pads are unobstructed and the correct size for the ship, whereas Invalid pads are either obstructed or the wrong size.
- There will only ever be one Recommended pad flagged at any one time, and it’ll normally be the closest Valid pad to the player. In a later implementation, landing authorization will also use the Recommended pad messaging to flag the pad that has been authorized.
- Once over a pad, the player can either land their ship manually or automatically (providing the LZ offers the Automatic Landing service).
- A few seconds after touch down, Landing Mode will be disabled and the AR display will return to normal. Conversely, a few seconds after taking off, Landing Mode will re-enable for as long as the landing gear is down.
- Putting the landing gear away will disable Landing Mode.
Item System 2.0
- We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics.
- This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.
Player Health System 2.0
- We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system!
- This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states, and many back end improvements to support a better FPS combat experience and future features like permanent health.
- Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when between 100%-60%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 59%-40% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 39%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 9%-0%.
- With this, we have also implemented some early versions of injury penalties. This includes a speed reduction for wounded legs, as well as a limping animation.
Overall health damage (particularly head wounds) can also cause blurred vision around the edge of the screen, which will increase in intensity as more damage is taken.
Wanted Level System Update
- Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX.
- This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader.
- Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.
- The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready!
- Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader.
- The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation.
- A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!