This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Sylent Jay
Couple of days ago this came out on the RSI site. Looks like it will provide some insight into some of the players in the mining industry, along with where to locate job boards for mining and hauling mined/processed ores.
Ok all you Guardian speed freaks! The good folks over at "Astro Armada" are sponsoring head to head voting polls of different ships. This time around it's racers!
So from 9/2 - 9/9 they are giving all backers the chance to test for free the Origin M50 and Origin 350r Racing ships. So let's maybe get together during this Free Fly window and race against each other and try out these ships! And by race, I probably mean ending up playing demolition derby with nice and expensive Murray Cup racing ships and laughing our asses off at each other
Taken from the JumpPoint - Behind the Scenes post on RSI official site regarding persistence found @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15449-BTS-Persistent-Effects
Right now the holotable has been removed and only the "port modification" system in MobiGlas is available. the port modification system is cool, but I'm really looking forward to the re-implementation of the holotable and the comparative features it "should" allow.
So with the lull in games we've got going on, I'm going to start playing Star Citizen alpha on a more regular basis. Right now, in the current build, it's a bit difficult to get into Crusader (mini persistent universe) together but with alpha 2.5 around the corner, that should be easier.
So whenever I'm available, I'm going to be hanging out in the Star Citizen channel of TeamSpeak and would like to start getting some Arena Commander groups going regularly. It's fun, it's challenging and it will help us earn Rental Equipment Credits to start playing around with loadouts, components, try out new ships etc. Even if you mute yourself in TS due to little rascals running around or just don't wanna talk, we can still chat in the TS channel to coordinate grouping up.
I'm not going to be able to be on all the time, but I recommend others to follow my lead and lets start hanging out in the SC channel and getting some groups going. If nothing else we can laugh at each other flying into asteroids or each other The more people that start to trickle on, the more people I think we can get to start hanging out. I'm not on Discord, but if you are please pass the word.
From the Official Feedback Thread. Sounds like some nice improvements and fixes.
Edited: 12:22AM by WLeverett_CIG
We've released 2.5.0 to our Evocati and PTU 1st Wave players tonight! Below is a portion of our 2.5.0 Patch Notes, and we'd love to get your feedback on the build.
- Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid the Yela asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and may attempt to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial mining asteroid station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous.
- GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. We’re open for business to everyone this goram economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings without the prying eyes of Big Crusader peeking under every door.
--- Our bar, bounty office and race track are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through.
GrimHEX can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field.
- The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is currently suffering a shortage of energy weapons due to several recent attacks on cargo transports. While they apologize for the inconvenience, only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being.
- Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.
- Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from.
- KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.
New Landing System
- The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented into the game with a view to providing a simpler, more intuitive landing experience. This system will grow over the coming releases to ultimately incorporate things like docking and the ability to request/obtain landing authorization via the new Comms System.
- Players are now able to enter Landing Mode by simply lowering their landing gear by tapping the “N” key.
- Landing Mode reduces the speed of the ship down to Precision Mode speed and changes the AR display from regular AR to landing AR, which flags landing pads as either Valid (blue), Invalid or Recommended (orange).
- By default, valid pads are unobstructed and the correct size for the ship, whereas Invalid pads are either obstructed or the wrong size.
- There will only ever be one Recommended pad flagged at any one time, and it’ll normally be the closest Valid pad to the player. In a later implementation, landing authorization will also use the Recommended pad messaging to flag the pad that has been authorized.
- Once over a pad, the player can either land their ship manually or automatically (providing the LZ offers the Automatic Landing service).
- A few seconds after touch down, Landing Mode will be disabled and the AR display will return to normal. Conversely, a few seconds after taking off, Landing Mode will re-enable for as long as the landing gear is down.
- Putting the landing gear away will disable Landing Mode.
Item System 2.0
- We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics.
- This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.
Player Health System 2.0
- We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system!
- This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states, and many back end improvements to support a better FPS combat experience and future features like permanent health.
- Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when between 100%-60%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 59%-40% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 39%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 9%-0%.
- With this, we have also implemented some early versions of injury penalties. This includes a speed reduction for wounded legs, as well as a limping animation.
Overall health damage (particularly head wounds) can also cause blurred vision around the edge of the screen, which will increase in intensity as more damage is taken.
Wanted Level System Update
- Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX.
- This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader.
- Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.
- The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready!
- Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader.
- The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation.
- A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!
I haven't watched yet because I'm still at work and don't want to give the impression that I don't do any actual work
Looking forward to it though because the RSI forums are raving about it! Apparently, the new format is to do a studio per week (or something like that) so that there is more substance and less repetitive rundowns of studio reports.
Highlights from this episode that the RSI forums seem to be pumped about are a look at the flight ready Reliant and details surrounding ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT MODEL!
Such hype! wow1
I'm going to be trying to get back online more consistently and have been thinking about where I left off. I had been grinding out my Sorc pretty heavily but I still really like the concept of the Blader. At the time that I put him down, they were still kind of broken of course this was a couple of months ago. Have they fixed the problems that Bladers were having in being competitive or are they still sub-par as is?
Many people have lost loved ones this week. My city is heartbroken over what has happened but I felt everyone could use this. May this bring some sort of comfort to all of us who have lost someone, at some point in our lives.
Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.
—-Henry Scott Holland
So with some details of the new features for FIFA 17 released I was thinking about pre-ordering. Last one I played was a used version of FIFA 14 on PS3 but I don't want to buy a PS4 since I rarely play on consoles anymore.
I know Direbreed is going to get it but does anyone else think they might be planning on playing this when it comes out in Sept.?
« on: April 20, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
Discuss and or post your own theories!
< Transmission Begins >
Beck Russum: Good evening, I’m Beck Russum, here with Alan Nuevo. We begin today’s Empire Report with breaking news out of the Oberon System where Admiral Bishop’s campaign against the Vanduul has scored its first major victory.
Alan Nuevo: That’s right, Beck. The battle in the Oberon System involved the 65th Battle Group, and was led by Admiral Bishop aboard a new flagship, the recently commissioned UEES Retribution. While there is currently scant public information about the ship, rumors about its existence have been around for months.
UEES Retribution’s first action comes in the wake of recent, devastating Vanduul attacks on Uriel, which left thousands dead or missing. Earlier today, Admiral Cedric Cochran held a press conference in Kilian describing a decisive victory against the Vanduul and confirming Retribution’s role in the battle.
[ Admiral Cochran stands before a podium during the press conference. ]
Admiral Cedric Cochran: Operation Mandrake began roughly two days ago, when we received credible intelligence that a Vanduul clan was in the process of mounting a second attack on the Oberon System. Concerned about such a possibility, Admiral Bishop had detached a small strike team to sweep the system. When the Vanduul appeared, these forces were able to intercept and engage the clan before it could attack another Human settlement. While the advanced forces occupied the aggressors, Admiral Bishop ordered Retribution into the system and cut off any escape back to Vanduul space. Once Retribution was in place, the Vanduul … well, they found themselves between a rock and a hard place, as I like to say.
Reporter #1: What else can you tell us about Retribution? There are reports it’s the largest capital ship ever built by the UEE.
Admiral Cedric Cochran: Details on Retribution are classified. Right now, all I’m authorized to say is that personnel aboard the ship were very pleased with its performance during the battle.
Reporter #2: Can you describe the extent of the Vanduul forces?
Admiral Cedric Cochran: The exact specifics are currently being analyzed, but from the reports I’ve seen, it’s probably best to describe them as a medium sized clan.
Reporter #2: Does that mean a Kingship was present?
Admiral Cedric Cochran: No, though there were multiple capital ships reportedly destroyed.
Reporter #3: What was the extent of UEE casualties during the battle?
Admiral Cedric Cochran: Look, one life lost is too many in my book, but safety and security doesn’t come without sacrifice. It’s a simple reality that every member of the UEE armed forces understands, so yes, there were reported casualties. I will refrain from getting too specific until family is notified.
That said, I couldn’t be prouder of how the men and women of the Navy performed. This victory was only possible thanks to a team effort that includes everyone from the Starmen aboard Retribution, the rest of the 65th, and all the way up to us here at High Command. The people of the UEE should be proud of what their Navy accomplished today.
[ Back to Alan and Beck ]
Beck Russum: Joining us now in the studio is military expert Jack Hayden. He’s a consultant at the Center for Universal Security and author of Clan Brutality, which examines what little we know about the Vanduul clans that we find ourselves fighting.
Based on what you’ve heard from your sources, what else can you tell us about Admiral Bishop’s victory in Oberon?
Jack Hayden: This was a successful operation in many regards. Essentially Admiral Bishop got Retribution in theater and gave it a test lap against overmatched opponents. I would expect the victory built confidence among his crew and gave them a chance to work out any kinks on the new ship before engaging a truly dangerous enemy.
Beck Russum: So you don’t consider the Vanduul in this battle to have been a serious threat?
Jack Hayden: Well, as Admiral Cochran alluded to, this did not appear to be a particularly developed Vanduul clan — one that hadn’t even accrued enough materials to build the framework of a Kingship. That leads me to believe this was what I call a “carrion” clan. They are not built up enough to engage in large scale attacks, so they feast on areas weakened by previous assaults or clean up what stronger clans leave behind.
Beck Russum: It sounds like you are classifying this as more of a symbolic than strategic victory?
Jack Hayden: Not entirely. It does give the UEE a clear cut victory against the Vanduul after the horrible events of Vega and the unexpected, initial incursion into Oberon. I’m sure there are plenty of people among Imperator Costigan’s staff and in the halls of the Senate who are excited by this outcome. I would argue that while this victory is good for morale around the UEE, it wasn’t the entire motivation behind Bishop’s decision to commit.
Beck Russum: Then what was? Oberon is an unclaimed system and not under the official protection of the Navy.
Jack Hayden: Oberon may not be an official UEE system but it is still, very clearly, a Human one. Having Oberon fall under the control of the Vanduul would be a setback in that regard. By establishing a presence in Oberon, the system can be used as a staging ground for a push into Vanduul territory. The system has jumps into Virgil, Tiber and Caliban, all systems that used to have UEE settlements. If Admiral Bishop wants to retake any of those systems, Oberon can now be a part of that plan.
Of course, I’m far from the Admiral’s inner circle and he has surprised me many times in the past. With there being so little verifiable information on Retribution, it’s hard to predict how the new ship and its capabilities will affect this war.
Beck Russum: Thank you for your time.
Jack Hayden: You’re welcome. Always a pleasure.
Alan Nuevo: Coming up, residents of Lago call for the UEE to increase its presence in the Nexus System after a series of comm relays were destroyed by pirates. We’ll ask if the UEE has the resources to aid this struggling system. That, and more, when the Empire Report returns.
< Transmission Break >
Here is a player made (credit to Bored Gamer) tutorial video that helps identify some of the new keybind changes and features around Crusader/Port Olisar.
It's a pretty good place to start to learn toggling your flight modes, access your missions and many other helpful menus! Give it a look and then fire up your Alpha 2.X and have fun!