This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Sylent Jay
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
I haven't patched up to try the new build but I've seen some videos of the Super Hornet visual updates and it looks nice. The patch notes als indicate that there were damage states updates etc. Anyone played with it yet? Does it seem sturdier etc than before?
I needed something to break up the monotony of FIFA, and couldn't talk myself into buying Overwatch so I redownloaded WoW and resubbed. I'm not a fan of paying a sub but maybe if I farm enough gold I can use the WoW token thing. Anyhoo, until Star Citizen gets further along going to give this a go again.
Main problem, haven't really played since Cata so I'm pretty far behind the curve. The good thing about it is there is loads of content for me to explore. Other problem is most all of my toons were Horde so it will cost a pretty penny to move and faction change them. I've only moved my Druid at the moment because I was having tons of fun playing feral PvP before quitting. Also leveling a DK but we'll see.
Really considering moving my Pally over but that's another $50 bucks that I don't really want to pay right now...to bad you can't use WoW tokens, or whatever, to fund that kind of thing.
So I've been playing FIFA17 on PC for a good while but I'm getting tired of the scripting and momentum and inconsistent gameplay and looking for something else. Preferrably without a monthly sub, otherwise I'd give WoW a go again. Star Citizen still seems a way off and Star Marine is pretty buggy at the moment from all that I've read.
So I've been thinking about Overwatch but I'm not sure so wanted feedback from y'all. I don't typically like traditional FPS much anymore because of how toxic games like CoD etc have become with cheats and dipshits. Not to mention those games tend to get pretty old and repetitive pretty quickly. But this seems like it might be kinda cool. I would be playing it on PC if that means anything to anyone.
Thanks in advance!
Couple of days ago this came out on the RSI site. Looks like it will provide some insight into some of the players in the mining industry, along with where to locate job boards for mining and hauling mined/processed ores.
Ok all you Guardian speed freaks! The good folks over at "Astro Armada" are sponsoring head to head voting polls of different ships. This time around it's racers!
So from 9/2 - 9/9 they are giving all backers the chance to test for free the Origin M50 and Origin 350r Racing ships. So let's maybe get together during this Free Fly window and race against each other and try out these ships! And by race, I probably mean ending up playing demolition derby with nice and expensive Murray Cup racing ships and laughing our asses off at each other
Taken from the JumpPoint - Behind the Scenes post on RSI official site regarding persistence found @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15449-BTS-Persistent-Effects
Right now the holotable has been removed and only the "port modification" system in MobiGlas is available. the port modification system is cool, but I'm really looking forward to the re-implementation of the holotable and the comparative features it "should" allow.
So with the lull in games we've got going on, I'm going to start playing Star Citizen alpha on a more regular basis. Right now, in the current build, it's a bit difficult to get into Crusader (mini persistent universe) together but with alpha 2.5 around the corner, that should be easier.
So whenever I'm available, I'm going to be hanging out in the Star Citizen channel of TeamSpeak and would like to start getting some Arena Commander groups going regularly. It's fun, it's challenging and it will help us earn Rental Equipment Credits to start playing around with loadouts, components, try out new ships etc. Even if you mute yourself in TS due to little rascals running around or just don't wanna talk, we can still chat in the TS channel to coordinate grouping up.
I'm not going to be able to be on all the time, but I recommend others to follow my lead and lets start hanging out in the SC channel and getting some groups going. If nothing else we can laugh at each other flying into asteroids or each other The more people that start to trickle on, the more people I think we can get to start hanging out. I'm not on Discord, but if you are please pass the word.
From the Official Feedback Thread. Sounds like some nice improvements and fixes.
Edited: 12:22AM by WLeverett_CIG
We've released 2.5.0 to our Evocati and PTU 1st Wave players tonight! Below is a portion of our 2.5.0 Patch Notes, and we'd love to get your feedback on the build.
- Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid the Yela asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and may attempt to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial mining asteroid station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous.
- GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. We’re open for business to everyone this goram economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings without the prying eyes of Big Crusader peeking under every door.
--- Our bar, bounty office and race track are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through.
GrimHEX can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field.
- The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is currently suffering a shortage of energy weapons due to several recent attacks on cargo transports. While they apologize for the inconvenience, only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being.
- Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.
- Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from.
- KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.
New Landing System
- The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented into the game with a view to providing a simpler, more intuitive landing experience. This system will grow over the coming releases to ultimately incorporate things like docking and the ability to request/obtain landing authorization via the new Comms System.
- Players are now able to enter Landing Mode by simply lowering their landing gear by tapping the “N” key.
- Landing Mode reduces the speed of the ship down to Precision Mode speed and changes the AR display from regular AR to landing AR, which flags landing pads as either Valid (blue), Invalid or Recommended (orange).
- By default, valid pads are unobstructed and the correct size for the ship, whereas Invalid pads are either obstructed or the wrong size.
- There will only ever be one Recommended pad flagged at any one time, and it’ll normally be the closest Valid pad to the player. In a later implementation, landing authorization will also use the Recommended pad messaging to flag the pad that has been authorized.
- Once over a pad, the player can either land their ship manually or automatically (providing the LZ offers the Automatic Landing service).
- A few seconds after touch down, Landing Mode will be disabled and the AR display will return to normal. Conversely, a few seconds after taking off, Landing Mode will re-enable for as long as the landing gear is down.
- Putting the landing gear away will disable Landing Mode.
Item System 2.0
- We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics.
- This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.
Player Health System 2.0
- We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system!
- This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states, and many back end improvements to support a better FPS combat experience and future features like permanent health.
- Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when between 100%-60%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 59%-40% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 39%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 9%-0%.
- With this, we have also implemented some early versions of injury penalties. This includes a speed reduction for wounded legs, as well as a limping animation.
Overall health damage (particularly head wounds) can also cause blurred vision around the edge of the screen, which will increase in intensity as more damage is taken.
Wanted Level System Update
- Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX.
- This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader.
- Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.
- The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready!
- Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader.
- The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation.
- A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!
I haven't watched yet because I'm still at work and don't want to give the impression that I don't do any actual work
Looking forward to it though because the RSI forums are raving about it! Apparently, the new format is to do a studio per week (or something like that) so that there is more substance and less repetitive rundowns of studio reports.
Highlights from this episode that the RSI forums seem to be pumped about are a look at the flight ready Reliant and details surrounding ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT MODEL!
Such hype! wow1
I'm going to be trying to get back online more consistently and have been thinking about where I left off. I had been grinding out my Sorc pretty heavily but I still really like the concept of the Blader. At the time that I put him down, they were still kind of broken of course this was a couple of months ago. Have they fixed the problems that Bladers were having in being competitive or are they still sub-par as is?
Many people have lost loved ones this week. My city is heartbroken over what has happened but I felt everyone could use this. May this bring some sort of comfort to all of us who have lost someone, at some point in our lives.
Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.
—-Henry Scott Holland